If you’re thinking about removing tile in your home, it’s important to consider all that goes into the process when you take on the task. If it’s not done well, tile removal can create a lot of dust and emit harmful particles into the air, which could cause serious health problems, damage your home, or end up costing you thousands of dollars in cleaning costs.
For these reasons, many Phoenix homeowners are opting for dustless tile removal, which offers a cleaner, quicker solution to traditional tile removal.
Dustless Tile Removal: Methods and Procedures
Dustless tile removal requires an oscillating tool, chisel and hammer, floor scraper, vacuum, and broom. Here’s what’s required for dustless tile removal in Phoenix:
- Put an oscillating tool against the grout. Turn on the blade and push down to chisel away at the grout.
- Move your way around the whole perimeter of the tile. When you’ve made your way all the way around the tile, vacuum the powder out of the joints.
- Use a chisel and hammer to pry loose one of the cracked sections of the tile. Keep tapping until the tile falls off and continue until the whole tile is removed. If there isn’t a crack in the tile, make one by hammering in the center of the tile until a crack appears. Continue the process for each tile.
- Sweep up the pieces of tile and throw away. Make sure you’re disposing of the tile properly and be careful not to leave it where it could cause a hazard.
- Scrape off the mortar that is left behind using a floor scraper. Vacuum to complete the job.
The Benefits of Dustless Tile Removal
Traditional tile removal could end up costing you lots of time cleaning your home if not done properly by your tile removal company. Also, you will probably end up with a layer of dust all over your cabinets, in your AC unit, and throughout the home.
In contrast, dustless tile removal is clean and safe for you and your home. The job can be done in almost half the time, meaning you’ll save time and avoid the inconvenience of having your house turned into a construction zone for days on end.
You’ll also save money by avoiding the costs of cleaning the mess that could come from traditional tile removal and get the job done efficiently and effectively in one shot. There won’t be any hidden costs, and you’ll protect your family by avoiding the health hazards of traditional tile removal.
Contact Removal Tech
Contact Removal Tech to receive a free quote for your flooring removal needs. As specialists in a wide range of floor removal services, you can rest assured you’re in good hands when you hire us. You’ll save yourself time and hard labor so you can quickly complete your renovation.